Having a positive relationship with your accountant is the best way to help your financial stability. Having regular contact with them is essential to ensure everything is in order. It’s important to try and maintain a good relationship with your accountant, as they can be a crucial component to your personal financial health, as well as the health of your business. The following tips will help you build and maintain a healthy relationship with your accountant:
- Keep agreed records and deadlines
- If there are any changes to your business or personal finances, make them known immediately
- Discuss major issues with your accountant, such as tax implications, salary, dividends, etc.
- Always pay your accountant on time
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions
- If your accountant isn’t adapting to the needs of your growing business, don’t be afraid to speak up
- Allow your accountant to focus their energy on helping you succeed, not avoiding IRS penalties. An accountant is there to help you stay on track and ensure you’re finances are in order
The major secret to maximizing the relationship with your accountant is to always keep open communication with them throughout the year. If you’re looking for a CPA in Hawaii, you can trust Michael J. Yuda, CPA, LLC.