Tax day is less than two months away, and you aren’t alone if you haven’t even begun preparing your taxes. This year, how about you keep tax season less taxing, and take away the stress filing taxes can impose on your life. Below are a few helpful tips to make the 2013 tax season less daunting.
- Get Organized: Easier said than done, right? The first step toward preparing your tax return is to organize every necessary document you need.
- Become Aware: It’s important to understand what income is taxable. Reach out to a tax professional or do research to educate yourself on what is and what isn’t taxable.
- Learn About New Tax Changes: In 2013 no major tax changes occurred, but there may be a few tweaks that could affect some taxpayers. Most of the changes that did occur are related to federal health care.
- E-File: E-filing is the quickest way to receive your refund.
- Seek Out Help: If you’re completely lost, choose Michael J. Yuda, CPA, LLC in Honolulu, Hawaii. Our tax consulting service includes preparation of all personal and business income tax returns. Michael J. Yuda is a trusted CPA in Hawaii, and can help make your 2013 tax season less taxing on you.