Being a Honolulu CPA firm, Michael J.Yuda CPA, LLC gets to enjoy the beauty of Hawaii on a daily basis. If you’ve never been to Hawaii, you more than likely envision it as it’s portrayed in movies and television shows. It really is just as magical as you’ve imagined. When we’re not busy doing tax return preparation in Hawaii, we’re enjoying the beautiful sun and beaches of the most magical place on Earth. Here are some amazing facts about Hawaii!
- Hawaii is so unique that it actually has its own time zone, Hawaiian Standard Time. Hawaiian Standard Time is two hours behind Pacific Standard Time, and five hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
- Almost one-third of the world’s pineapples come from Hawaii.
- Hawaii has eight main islands: Niihau, Kauai, Oahu, Maui, Molokai, Lanai, Kahoolawe, and the Big Island of Hawaii.
- Hawaii has two official languages.
- Hawaii is America’s youngest state, entering the nation on August 21, 1959.
- Hawaii is the only state in the United States that grows coffee.
- There are only 12 letters in the Hawaiian alphabet.
- The islands of Hawaii were formed from erupted under-sea volcanoes.
- Lolani Palace is the only royal palace in the United States.