Did you know Hawaii is home to over 19 state forests, 52 state parks, and features some of the most beautiful beaches in the entire world? What other facts do you know about Hawaii? Did you know the state motto of Hawaii is “The life of the land is perpetuated in righteousness” (Ua mau ke ea o ka aina I ka pono)? Being a CPA in Hawaii allows us to learn more and more about this beautiful state, and at Michael J. Yuda, CPC, LLC., we like to share these wonderful facts with you. Below are some more fun facts about Hawaii:
- The Northwestern Hawaiian Islands are home to over 7,000 marine species, most of which are found nowhere else in the world.
- The island of Kauai is home to the wettest spot on Earth. With an average yearly rainfall on Mt. Waialeale of 397 inches.
- Hawaii has the highest life expectancy for residents than anywhere else in the U.S.
- The ocean temperature in Hawaii varies from 72 degrees in the winter to a bathtub-esque 82 degrees in the summer.
- Hawaii is known as the “Aloha State” and also the “Paradise of the Pacific”.
- Famous Hawaiians include Bette Midler, Don Stroud, Don Ho, Jack Johnson, and Barack Obama.